R2EP Run to End Poverty 2013 Mega Page
September 21, 2013 | By simon |
We’re running to support Engineers Without Borders on Sunday, October 20, 2013 at 09:30am in the Oktoberfest Run 5K and 10K. Here are all our runners, the key dates, signup information, and everything! We’ll keep it updated as we go.
Donate to our runners
- Anni He
- Clement Fung
- Erin Knischewsky
- Gurneet Arora
- Isabel Ji
- Justine Knischewsky
- Kathryn Sutter
- Matthew Knischewsky
- Naomi Knischewsky
- Neal Morris
- Nicole Ludzki
- Simon Woodside
- Theo Chan
- William Lien
Just click on a name to donate to their run!
What is Run to End Poverty?
In sub-Saharan Africa, 47% of the population live in extreme poverty. At Engineers Without Borders (EWB) Canada we believe that poverty is not caused by the absence of things, but rather by broken systems. Because of this, we establish partnerships with local communities and drive our ventures in Canada and Africa, to accelerate rural African development.
Every year, EWB holds the Run to End Poverty (R2EP), a Canada-wide event that aims to bring people together with one common goal: to eliminate poverty in rural Africa. R2EP is proud to participate in the Octoberfest Run on Sunday, October 20; and joining the run is an important step Canadians can take to help with this great cause.
Find out more
- Subscribe to our email updates — the best way to find out everything right in your inbox — just enter your email here on our signup form (you can unsubscribe at any time).
- Our R2EP facebook page and our R2EP page and the Oktoberfest Run page.
- And follow our chapter: Facebook, Twitter @EWB_WRG
- Social and drinks on Wed, September 25th from 5:30-7:00pm, at Bobby O’Briens, 125 King Street West, Kitchener. You can RSVP here: http://r2ep-waterloo-social.eventbrite.com/
- BBQ in the Park, Sunday, October 6th, 1pm Waterloo Park West Pavillion, with the UW running group. See the Facebook Event.
- Carb-up Dinner: October 19th, with the UW running group, details TBA.
- The Run: Sunday, October 20, 2013 at 09:30am. Run details. 9:30 a.m. Starting at Conestoga Mall and finishing at the Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex (WMRC). We recommend that participants park at Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex (WMRC) and take the shuttle bus to the start at Conestoga Mall. Shuttle buses begin at 7:30 a.m. The last shuttle bus leaves at 8:50 a.m.
How to get set up to receive donations
For runners, here’s step-by-step guide on how to set up your donations page:
- Sign up: Go to the Run to End Poverty site, and click Sign Up in the top right corner
- Scroll down, select Waterloo – Oktoberfest Run 5k & 10K as your event
- Now click on the right, “Register for this Event”
- Fill out a couple of interesting details, set your target, and Save
- Join the team for EWB-WRG: Follow this link and click on the Join Team button on the right
- Just one thing left to do, is to get your personalized URL: Click on View Profile in the top right from any page to get to your personal profile page. Then, right below “MY CAMPAIGN” will be a link to your campaign page in all caps. Go there and copy the page’s URL. It will look something like this: https://r2ep.ewb.ca/campaigns/running-change-82 (that’s mine)
OK, now you’re set to train and raise money! This is the URL that you give to your friends, relatives, co-workers, boss, employees, dog, etc. They go to that link and click on the bright orange Donate button on the right. Simple, right?
Sign up for the run
Go to The 2013 Oktoberfest Run 10 KM & 5 KM Run page and click Register Now. We have a discount code — it’s EWBfest — enter that to save $5. Sign up soon to make sure that you get the free t-shirt!